Fall Family Weekend is nearing and we know you’re looking forward to some quality family time. Are you looking for something to do? Here are 10 fun activities to do this weekend with your visiting family members!
1. Go to the OSU football game vs. Arizona on Saturday night. Kick off is at 7:30 p.m.! It’s going to be a great game and even greater when spent with family
2. Go see a comedy show. OSUPC has planned a comedy show on Friday night featuring Paula Poundstone. There will be two shows, one at 7:30 and one at 9:30
3. Have a barbecue. All parents love barbecuing, so throw some burgers on the grill. Don’t forget to invite your friends and their families to join!
4. If you like golfing, Trysting Tree Golf Course in Corvallis will be hosting a scramble tournament on Saturday.
5. Give your family a tour of Oregon State’s beautiful campus. If you are a first year, chances are that your parents have not seen the ins and outs of Corvallis. Show them where your classes are and your favorite study spots!
6. Go out to eat downtown. There are a lot of great restaurants and bars in downtown Corvallis. One being Sky High, which offers a fun game of corn hole on the roof of their building (on a fair weather day) as well as drinks and great food!
7. Explore the bar scene (21 and older only!)
For those of you who are of age, take your parents out to your favorite bar in Corvallis. Night life is very lively here and worth the experience. A lot of bars have specials for parents this weekend as well!
8. Take your parents on a hike and get some fresh air. There are so many beautiful hiking destinations in Corvallis, especially during the fall when the leaves are falling!
9. Go to Dixon with your family! Dixon Recreational Center is offering fit passes for parents and students to take workout classes together this weekend.
10. Go to a pancake breakfast. Sunday morning in the MU Ballroom there is a pancake breakfast benefitting St. Jude Children’s research hospital. It’s a cheap breakfast and all you can eat from 9 a.m. until noon.