Welcome Dads!

Dad’s Weekend

Is your Dad coming into town this weekend? Well starting Friday, a wide range of activities will be available for you and your old man to participate in. Your dad can even go to class with you all day on Friday and share your everyday experiences with you!

After class, get a round of golf in at Trysting Tree Golf Club. You can sign up at Dixon in the Recreation Service department. The fee for a student and one family member is $80. However, if golf isn’t your thing and you still want to have some fun with dad, there will be two comedy showings at Lasells Stewart Center featuring Myq Kaplan and Dan Cummins. Tickets can be purchased here https://red.vendini.com/ticket-software.html?t=tix&e=04eea8f94ef1740e8963892594b3f674 for the showing at 6:30 p.m. and also for the second showing at 9 p.m.

If Friday wasn’t a busy enough day for you, Saturday of Dads weekend at Oregon State has even more to offer. Challenge the Dads: Dads Weekend Challenge Course Day will run from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. The sign up fee is $20 and you can do so at the Adventure Leadership Institute in Dixon. Once you’re done competing against Dad in the challenge course, swing by the MU lounge for some brunch between 9:30 am and 12 p.m. where plates will be $12. From 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. you can stop by the MU in room 207 and get photos with your family before making your way to the game. The Beaver’s vs. UCLA football game will kick off at 1:30 p.m. in Reser Stadium. Make sure you have your student ticket as well as one for Dad!

The football game isn’t your scene? Don’t worry, there are still a lot of events going on around campus! In the MU Quad starting at 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. there will be a Car Show held by the Corvallis Historic Auto Club and the Willamette Valley Vintage Chevrolet Club of America. Now if you and your Dad are thrill seekers, a Dads Weekend Whitewater Rafting event will be happening on the North Santiam River from 9:30 am until 3 pm. Sign up at the Adventure Leadership Institute in Dixon and make sure you bring $50 to cover your trip!

Sunday morning, before saying goodbye, take dad to the TriHOP Pancake Breakfast in the MU Ballroom anytime between 8 a.m. and noon. Delta Delta Delta Sorority will host this event and the $7 door tickets will benefit St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital. If you have time, there is also a Rifle Club Fundraiser Shoot event at the OSU Indoor Target Range with four sessions. The sessions are $7 for OSU students and $14 for family members with times at 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m.

Dad’s weekend at Oregon State is swamped with activities so you and your family likely won’t have a second to spare. There are many other events going on and all the information that you need can be found here http://sli.oregonstate.edu/feature-story/dads-family-weekend Also check out the MU “Welcome Table” either on Friday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. or Saturday during 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Welcome to campus Dads and Family!