Recipe Card: Fruit Sushi (Home Cooking, Ep. 10)

Connor Kealey, OMN Illustrator

Print this recipe card out and keep it in your kitchen for easy access to a great fruit sushi recipe!

Recipe Courtesy of Meisen Hu, Home Cooking Host

Transcribed by Tarsa Weikert, Beavers Digest Contributor

Video instructions for this recipe can be found here in KBVR TV’s Home Cooking series.

Home Cooking highlights family recipes from international students. In this episode, home cook Meisen walks you through all the necessary ingredients, preparation and cooking instructions to make fruit sushi.

Ingredients 

• Sushi nori
  • Premade sushi rice (purchase from store or see previous episode) (ingredients: rice, vinegar and spices)
  • Yunagi sushi sauce
  • Sweet Japanese mayo
  • White American cheese
  • Banana
  • Fresh watermelon
  • Other materials: Sushi mat, saran wrap

Instructions

Step 1: Seal sushi mat with cling wrap and peel bananas then place them into a bowl.

Step 2: Next, place a nori sheet onto the sushi mat. 

Step 3: Scoop the premade rice evenly on top of the nori sheet. Press firmly and make the rice as even as possible.

Step 4: Flip the nori sheet over and place the rice side down onto the sushi mat.

Step 5: Then, place a banana on one edge of the nori sheet.

Step 6: Grab the sushi rolling mat and begin to roll nori sheet around the banana.

Step 7: After rolling the sushi, wrap them with cling wrap and place them in your fridge for 30 minutes.

Step 8: While sushi is chilling, dice fresh watermelon or melon mix to create fruit dressing for sushi. 

Step 9: (Optional) To serve, place the sushi on a plate and add sliced cheese on top of the sushi. 

Step 10: Drizzle the sweet Japanese mayo across the sushi roll.

Step 11: Afterwards, spoon melons on top of the sushi.

Step 12: Finally, drizzle Yunagi sushi sauce across the fruit sushi.