Five spots in Corvallis to celebrate Halloween 

Sara M.H. (left) And Chris Smith poses with their two dogs Simon and Sugar at The Melon Shack pumpkin patch on Oct. 18. M.H. is a dog trainer so the couple found the pumpkin patch to be a great place to snap some photos with their two recent rescue dogs.

Ginnie Sandoval, Beaver's Digest Contributor

1. Murdery Mystery: Midnight at the Masquerade

Oregon State University’s Program Council presents Midnight at the Masquerade, a murder mystery party hosted on campus at the MU Ballroom, Friday, Oct. 28. 

The event promises to be a night full of glamor, mystery, drama, acting, and fun. Dress attire will be evening wear, ball gowns, Venetian masks, suits and tuxedos. 

Tickets are available to Oregon State University students for $5 and non-students for $10. Tickets can only be purchased by OSU students through their ONID. Only one ticket for a non-student will be allowed with the purchase of a student ticket.

Doors will open at 7:30 p.m. Food and drink is included with each ticket and will be provided from 7:45 – 8:30 p.m.. The show begins at 8:30 p.m. but it is suggested to arrive at 7:30 p.m. for the most immersive experience. 

2. Bitter Half Booking’s fifth annual Halloween cover show

For the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic began in 2020, Bitter Half Booking is putting on its fifth annual Halloween cover show in the Alder Room of the Corvallis Community Center on Oct. 28. 

The doors will open at 6:30 p.m. and the show will run from 7 p.m. to 10:45 p.m. The show is open to all ages and there is an encouraged voluntary donation fee of $5-10 for the Center Against Rape and Domestic Violence. The Corvallis Really, Really Free Market will also be distributing free costumes.

3. Haunted corn maze and pumpkin patch

The Corvallis Melon Shack offers a haunted corn maze which is open on weekend nights and Halloween night. The maze runs from 7:30 to 10 p.m. and the admission fee ranges from $12-16 per person depending on the night you go. 

If you’re looking for a less haunting option, the maze is open during the day with a $6 admission fee. Children under 3 can get in for free. 

In addition to the corn maze, the Melon Shack has a large pumpkin patch with food and drink options to choose from as you search for the perfect pumpkin. 

During the day, families can come enjoy free activities for children such as the Super Slide and Hay Fort along with hayrides and train rides for $4 per person. The Melon Shack will offer these activities until Oct. 31 and can be located at NE Garden Ave at NE Highway 20 in Corvallis.

4. 2 Towns Ciderhouse annual harvest party

On October 29, from noon to 10 p.m., 2 Towns Ciderhouse will be putting on their annual harvest party. They will have two tents full of live music, local food trucks and shuttles to get people safely to and from the event. 

Guests can enjoy over 38 options of 2 Towns ciders on tap. Craftwell Cocktails, SeekOut, Nectar Creek and branded merchandise will be on sale. This is a 21+ event. 

5. Whiteside Theater movies and events

In the spirit of Halloween, the Whiteside Theater is hosting a number of movies and events in October. These include:

• The Cabin in the Woods – Oct. 26 at 7 p.m.
  • Rocky Horror Picture Show – Oct. 28, at 7 p.m.
  • Hotel Transylvania – Oct. 29 at 3 p.m.
  • Hallowpalooza Live Concert – Oct. 29 at 7 p.m.

More details about these events can be found here.