World in Chaos: New and upcoming movies to be excited about

Morgan Barnaby, OMN Photographer

OSU students Chloe Choice (she/her) and Charlie Tuckfield watch a movie in Finley Hall in Corvallis, Ore. on June 6. They were watching a comedy movie, as the two of them often enjoy together.

Ella Mashroutechi, Columnist

Here is a list of all the movies I desperately want to see and definitely would have had I lived in an ideal world where I had all the time and money in the world and wouldn’t procrastinate on enjoying the moments of my life where I go and watch awesome movies in the theater. Here we go: 

• “Spiderman: Across the Spider Verse”
    •  Miles Morales travels through the multiverse yet again, this time with the goal of maintaining and protecting the multiverse itself. Directed by Joaquim Dos Santos, Kemp Powers and Justin K. Thompson, this action-adventure animation will also star Shameik Moore as Miles, Hailee Steinfeld as Spider-Woman (a.k.a Gwen Stacy), Oscar Isaac as Spider-Man 2099 and Jake Johnson as Peter Parker. 
    • Release date: June 2, 2023
    • IMDb rating: 9.1/10 
  • “You Hurt My Feelings”
    • This dramedy stars Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Tobias Menzies and it’s about the marital struggles of a novelist after she overhears her husband criticizing her newest book. 
    • Release date: May 26, 2023
    • IMDb rating: 7.2/10
      1. Darkside Theater selling tickets 
  • “Past Lives”
    • This is a romance/drama about childhood friends Nora and Hae Sung that reunite after 20 years for one important week that forces them to confront their destiny and their love for one another. 
    • Release date: June 23, 2023
    • Director: Celine Song (slay female Asian directors!) 
    • IMDb rating: 8.4/10 
  • “Carmen”
    • This movie is a perfect combination of romance and drama, and it’s a musical! It stars the magnificent and beautiful Paul Mascel (“Normal People”) and the lovely and talented Melissa Barrera (“In the Heights”). It was inspired by a popular tragic novella by Prosper Mérimée. 
    • Release date: Apr. 21, 2023
    • Director: Benjamin Millepied
    • IMDb rating: 6.2/10
  • “Sisu”
    • A former soldier who lost his family in World War II turns to gold digging and strikes it rich only to run into a group of deserting Nazis who decide they want the gold for themselves so they can flee the country before they lose the war. A game of cat and mouse ensues leading to a lot of dead Nazis.
    • Release Date: Apr. 29, 2023 
    • Director: Jalmari Halender
    • IMDb rating: 7/10
  • “Renfield”
    • Nicholas Cage plays Dracula in a comedy/horror movie. No further explanation needed. It’s already a Nic Cage classic. 
    • Release Date: Apr. 14, 2023
    • Director: Chris McKay 
    • IMDb rating: 6.4/10 
  • “Red, White & Royal Blue”
    • This is a romantic comedy based on a YA romance novel by Casey McQuinston about the son of the American president and the prince of Britain having an enemies to lovers adventure. If you, like me, forgot to listen to your friend’s book recommendation, you can treat your friend to this movie and make it up to them. 
    • Release date: Aug. 11, 2023
    • Director: Mathew López
    • IMDb: N/A