Inexpensive places to eat around Corvallis

ShelMosel

Life is expensive. It’s especially expensive to be a college student, but it shouldn’t have to cost a small fortune to go out to eat with friends. So where do you go when you need to eat, but you don’t want to break the bank? Where are some fun, inexpensive places to eat around Corvallis? We compiled a list of places to enjoy food for less.

1. “Bombs Away Café” describes themselves as a funky taqueria. The atmosphere is fun, the tacos are cheap and if you’re over 21, they have a different drink special for each day of the week, with pints of beer as cheap as $2.50 on Tuesday’s.

2. “American Dream Pizza” is eclectic and delicious. The walls are covered in creative art, their pizza toppings are diverse and their crusts are thick. “Dream” offers some great deals, especially their lunch special. A hungry student can get a slice of one-topping pizza and a one-topping salad for $6.50 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for lunch.

*bonus: they also have gluten free crusts available. 

3. “Campus Downward Dog” has a classic small town college bar vibe. This is the place to sit outside and share some food and drinks with friends. They serve breakfast until 2 p.m. and have a wide variety of pub style food on the menu. The most expensive item is “The Double Trouble Burger” at a whopping $14.

4. “Baguette” is a Vietnamese restaurant located on third street. They have banh mi (sandwiches), bao (pork buns) and salad rolls. They have a relaxed vibe, vegan options and sandwiches that will keep you coming back for more.  

5. “Café Yumm!” has quick, vegetarian food that’s also available for take-out. It has healthy food options, ranging from bowls and wraps, to sandwiches, salads and their deliciously famous “Yumm sauce.” This is the place to go for an organic, cheap meal, close to campus.

6. “Local Boyz Hawaiian Café” is another Corvallis classic that you can’t go without trying at least once. The food is inspired by a Polynesian/Hawaiian palate and the service is fast. What makes this place great (besides the fantastic food) is that you get to pick from three sizes and you can choose what food you want in the combo plates. The most expensive meal is still only $12.75, making it an excellent price for how much you get.