Oregon State University's student-run lifestyle magazine

Beaver's Digest

Beaver's Digest

Beaver's Digest

Latest issue

Summer’s End Music Festival brings local music, art and food

Rida Kauser, OMN Creative Associate

The third annual Summer’s End Music Festival  will be held Sept. 30 at Bruce Starker Arts Park with local bands, art vendors, two food trucks and a mobile Bomb’s Away Cafe.  

Henry Hansen, head coordinator of the festival, said that the event is entirely led by students, and it has been this way since the very first Summer’s End Festival back in 2021.

“Last fall Ricky, and I started a music production group called South Valley Sound with a couple other friends,” said Hansen. “Now SVS is the entity putting on the festival, but it’s still planned by mostly the same people as it was in 2021.” 

Hansen stated that this will be a great opportunity for people to expose themselves to all of the  sub genres and artistic styles that the Corvallis community has to offer. 

“Every year we get to show new people amazing local bands and artists,” said Hansen. “There’s a great music scene in Corvallis and not enough people know about it.”

Six bands will be playing in Bruce Starker Park from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m., while over 30 art vendors of all kinds of different mediums will be there to sell their hand crafted items. There will be artists selling items such as clothing and jewelry. 

“Bring a blanket to relax on the grass and your dancing shoes!” Hansen said. 

For those who seek to celebrate the upcoming school year, as well as support the local music and arts community of Corvallis, The Summer’s End Music Festival will be during the first weekend of fall term.